- Keep the External Paddle out of the Black Border visible on the outside of your windshield. This black border runs all the way around your windshield and can be 2 inches wide to as much as 4 inches near the dash. What most people don't realize is behind this border is everything that the internal paddle can't possibly go through: Left and right pillars, the dash, mirror mount and the ceiling edge.
- Please watch the "First Time Use" and "Using Your Extension Arm" videos on our website to ensure you fully understand proper usage.
- Make sure you don’t have the black foam storage trays attached to the paddles.
- Reduce friction by applying a little more cleaning liquid to the inside and outside surface. Too much friction may cause the paddles to separate while trying to push/pull.
- Slow down your movements the drier the windshield is. Moving the paddles too fast for the wetness conditions of your windshield can lead them to separate.
- If all else fails, your windshield may just be thicker than most windshields. If this happens to be the case, consider trying our magnetic concentrator discs to increase the pull force of the magnets up to 40%.
You need to use the WOW! Magic Haze and Film Eraser Sheets for your DRY buffing step.
Make sure you have WET cleaned thoroughly until no dirt and grime appear on your blue microfiber cloths (do mulitple WET cleanings replacing the cloths as needed). Then Perfrom a DRY buffing with a White Magic Haze and Film Eraser. To attach these sheets to the paddles, first attach a clean dry blue microfiber cloth to each paddle and then adhere a white eraser sheet to the attached micro fiber cloth. Attach paddles normally to the windhshield and then peform a DRY buffing with these eraser sheets only. No Liquid.
Cloudy Smudges and streaks left behind after you have cleaned the windshield means contaminants (haze and film) have not been fully cleaned off. From now on, use the below procedure to WET clean (with micrifiber cloths) and DRY buff with the Wow! Magic Haze and Film Eraser Sheets.
- Avoid cleaning in the direct sun as the sun evaporates the liquid cleaner fast and leaves contaminants behind before they can be picked up on to your micro fiber cloths.
- Ensure you do a thorough wet cleaning with clean blue micro fiber cloths. Continue with new clean cloths until no dirt/grime is evident on the cloths. Consider making your own cleaning liquid with 1 Part Distilled White Vinegar and 1 Part Distilled Water. The vinegar dissolves the haze and film contaminants.
- Do a dry buffing with the Wow! Magic Haze/Film Eraser sheets. First apply a dry/clean blue micro fiber cloth to each paddle and then adhere a white Wow! Magic Haze/Film Eraser sheet to each blue micro fiber cloth. Apply both paddles to the windshield. Dry buff the entire windshield with the4 eraser sheets until all cloudy smudges/smears and streaks are erased.
- After the first washing of the cloths, lint should be reduced.
- Makes sure you don’t use bleach, fabric softener or dryer sheets.
- Drag the internal paddle to a position close to your side window when you stop it. Remove and wipe any lint left behind where you stopped.
- Alternatively, try the 1/4 square paper towel technique for the final dry buffing step:
Apply a 1/4 square of dry paper towel to a dry blue microfiber cloth on each paddle. Use this technique to dry buff the windshield instead of the blue microfiber alone. Note: Dry buffing with this paper towel technique should be done with your windshield mostly dry and the paper towel dry as well. Wetness will tend to make the paddles chatter quite a bit. Any paper towel brand will work. Some brands can already be torn into quarters (Ie. Brawny Tear-a-Square). Also, ones that are generally thicker and tougher are better.
Check out our ACME Thread Extension Adapter. This will allow you to attach any painters pole (with male ACME threaded end) to achieve virtually any extension length. ACME Painters Poles are available at any hardware store. We recommend the Mr. Long Arm brand.
NOTE: You must already have the Adjustable Extension Arm for your WindshieldWow for the ACME Thread Extension Adapter to attach to.
1. Remember, the powerful pull strength of the magnetic paddles is what gives the WindshieldWOW! it's cleaning power!
2. Perform your wet cleaning evolution with ample liquid glass cleaner to both sides. More cleaning liquid mean less friction.
3. Perform the dry buffing step with the Wow! Magic Haze and Film Eraser sheets adhered to a blue micro fiber cloth that are first attached to each paddle. The Wow! Magic Haze and Film Eraser sheets make the dry buffing step much easier to push/pull. Do this dry buffing with the Wow! magic Haze/Film Eraser sheets completely dry. Do not add any liquid to the windshield during this step. Dry buff until all cloudy smears and smudges are gone. You will notice it much easier to pull or push the paddles now.
4. Move the paddle a bit faster (if you have enough spray on the windshield) or slower (if the windshield is too dry).
5. Try using the extension arm. This can provide more leverage for easier pushing/pulling.
6. If it's still too hard to push/pull, try using one of our Reducer Pads that can be quickly attached to one of the paddles to reduce the pull strength by 20%. Using a reducer pad on each of the two paddles will reduce the pulling force even more.
If the WindshieldWOW! paddles "stutter" or "chatter" then there is too much friction. Here is what you can do to eliminate "stuttering" paddles:
1. Use more cleaning liquid.
2. Move the paddles faster (less jerking movements--move them more fluidly).
If you have accidently stuck the paddles together you can separate them with a dull butter knife or even a plastic dish scraper as a wedge. Wedge the dull butter knife/plastic dish scraper into between the two paddles on one corner and carefully pry them apart enough to get your finger tips of two hands into the space. Firmly pull apart the corner and continue along one complete edge being carefull to not overly flex the paddles backward as this might break them. Once separated keep them apart and only join them in the future between your windshield glass or when you store them in the black foam storage trays.
DO NOT USE ANY SHARP OBJECT TO SEPARATE THE PADDLES. YOU MAY SLIP AND CUT YOURSELF!!